This post was originally publised on 6/18/20 and updated on 5/24/21.
Dog Rocks are the easy and effective solution for preventing those pesky burn spots that show up as a result of your dog’s urine on the lawn. They are tested and proven by vets and pet owners worldwide!
What are Dog Rocks?
Dog Rocks are the 100% natural solution to those nasty burn patches that your dog’s urine can cause. These are naturally-occurring rocks that come straight from the ground in Australia. The only intervention they face is being run through a grader in order to size the rocks to prevent choking.
They are completely safe for dogs, other pets, and humans.
Dog Rocks work by filtering out impurities from water such as tin, ammonia, and nitrates. These impurities are usually passed out through urine, and when they come into contact with grass, it results in a yellow burn spot on your lawn. With dog rocks, you’ll see results in 3-5 weeks, so no more unsightly burn spots, yay!
How to Use Dog Rocks
Remove the rocks from the bag and rinse.
Place no more than 2 liters of water in your dogs water bowl.
Add all the rinsed rocks to your dogs water bowl.
- After opening the package, remove the rocks and rinse well with tap water. Because Dog Rocks are all natural, they come a little dusty. A quick rinse will clean the rocks of any debris, and they will then be ready to be placed in your dog’s water bowl.
- Place the rocks in your dogs water bowl with a maximum of 2 liters of water (about ½ gallon). Leave the rocks submerged for 10 hours. This is the necessary amount of time for the rocks to begin filtering the water. After 10 hours, the rocks have started working, and you can allow your pet to start drinking from the bowl. Do NOT remove the rocks. They need to stay in the bowl to continue filtering.
- Keep the bowl filled with the appropriate amount of water at all times. The rocks need water to remain effective.
- Dog Rocks will not repair old spots/damage in your yard, but they WILL prevent new spots from appearing in 3-5 weeks.
- Dog Rocks remain effective for 2 months. After this period, you should replace them to maintain a spot-free yard. Each package comes with a sticker that you can use in your calendar as a reminder to replace the rocks.
Things to Mention
- Ensure your dog’s water bowl is your dog’s main water source. Drinking from pools, toilets, ponds and jacuzzies will hinder the results.
- Top up rather than replace the water every day. When replacing the water, do so when the dog is least likely to consume large amounts, say at night before bed.
- Dog’s with extremely high protein diets or that consume high protein treats on a daily basis may not get the full benefit of Dog Rocks.
- If your loving pet goes on vacation, it is possible to take the rocks out of the water for reuse later.
- Ask your friends and neighbors to care for their dog the way you care for yours. Now that your lawn looks great — a few burned marks can spoil the dream. If dogs are visiting, supply or ask your canine acquaintances to get their dog on the same program.
- The rocks are completely organic. Mother nature is the creator. Disposal is not harmful to the environment. The added benefit of the mineral is an incredible nutrient to your plants and trees. Take the old rocks and put them in a container or bucket and use them to water your plants and trees. Although not scientifically proven, the results are outstanding.
- For best results, use year round.
Save your lawn today by giving your dog a cleaner source of drinking water!!