Nothing beats a fresh bread salad made with home-grown veggies in the dead of summer!
Beth, our lovely VP, always brings yummy goodies for the whole team to enjoy! At any given time, you’ll find a tasty treat in our break-room.
At Jack Frost Landscapes & Garden Center, We really are one big family!
This July, the Jack Frost team has been blessed with fresh peaches from Cullipher Farms, icecream sandwiches, fresh-baked cookies, and a delicious Panzanella (which we were lucky enough to get the recipe for)!
Beth’s Panzanella Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (~6 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 hothouse cucumber, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olives, drained and cut in half (Or more/less to your liking! We love olives.)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk all
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, red onion, basil, and olives. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.